We have advanced skills in qualitative research using contemporary and traditional methods for deep understanding
- We use creativity and play to create a stimulating environment in focus groups to explore and test out ideas, brand narratives and product opportunities
- We draw on the art of conversation during long face to face interviews, so we can talk and listen to people describe their needs, and perceptions.
- We conduct immersive ethnographic in-situ interviews, to find out what life is really like.
- We have fine-tuned traditional techniques such as projective techniques and laddering, make extensive use of implicit techniques such as tasks and observation, and combine that with a sense of excitement about what technology can bring to research.
Qualitative research needs to be designed by people who understand people
We can do this because we are trained in the social sciences and the humanities. We understand motivations, perceptions, cognitive schemas, and rituals and we appreciate the power of the imagination.
We are adept at all the main qualitative methods:
- Face to face and online focus groups
- Online bulletin board groups
- One-on-one interviews, phone, face to face and online
We use these on their own or as hybrids - for example ethnography and face to face groups; ethnography and semiotics; one and ones and online .....
We use them for projects like these:
- Brand narratives
- Communications development
- Concept development
- Customer journeys
- Product and service development
- Product and service improvement
- Packaging development
Our qualitative research gives clients deep understanding and insight because we
- Let people speak
- Bring our understanding of people to our clients' business or organisational problem
- Challenge our clients' perceptions and assumptions about their customers and market
- Help our clients understand customers and markets that are new to them
- Help our clients see which direction to follow.
- We reveal how our clients' products and services fit into the rich tapestry of people's lives.
- We then advise clients how to optimise brands, products and services and how to communicate to people in ways they will find most meaningful.
We use qualitative research stand-alone, or as a stage in survey development.
Sue is a regular speaker at AMSRS workshops and training courses on qualitative research.